ORDINARY PARISH MEETING
You are summoned to attend Council Meeting of Bretby Parish Council, which will be held at St Wystan’s Church, Bretby at 7.30pm on TUESDAY 14th SEPTEMBER 2021.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Variation of Order of Business
3. Declaration of Members Interests.
(a) Members must ensure that they complete the Declarations of Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting in respect of items other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and must indicate the action to be taken (i.e. to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item)
(b) Where a Member indicates that they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representations regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
The Declarations of Interests for matters other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests will be read out from the Declaration Sheet – Members will be asked to confirm that the record is correct.
4. Public Speaking – (15 Minutes)
(a) A period of not more than 15 minutes will be made available for members of the public and Members of the Council to comment on any matter.
(b) If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter.
(c) Members declaring an interest other than a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest who wish to make representations or give evidence under the National Association of Local Councils’ (NALC) Code of Conduct shall do so at this stage.
5. To approve the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 13th July 2021 (Copy already circulated)
6. To determine which items if any from Part 1 of the Agenda should be taken with the public excluded. If the Council decides to exclude the public it will be necessary to pass a resolution in the following terms:-
“In view of the confidential nature of item …. to consider a resolution to exclude the press and public from the meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1, in order to discuss the item.”
7. Chairman’s Announcements.
8. Report of the Clerk, to include an update on items from the last meeting
a) Risk Register update
b) Update on General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
c) Communication Strategy
10. Drainage and flooding issues
(a) Accounts for Payment
(b) To received the external audit report for the year ending 31st March 2021
(c) To consider any requests for funds made under S137
13. To consider Planning Applications
14. To consider any Consultations received
DCC – National Bus Strategy
SDDC – review of their Statement of Licensing Policy and Local Area Profile Plan. (1st October 2021)
15. Items for information only
(a) To receive reports from Meetings attended
(b) Notification of Forthcoming meeting
(c) Training Sessions – See DALC circulars which have been provided to all Cllrs
16. To move the following resolution – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted (in respect of the personal situation of an employee which could result in legal proceedings or commercially sensitive information) it is advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw.”
17. Date of next meeting and items for inclusion –
Suggested date Tuesday 16th November 2021.
Clerk’s Report – September 2021
8) Clerk’s Report
Actions raised at the last meeting have been attended to.
a) Risk Register
The Clerk has no changes to make to the Risk Register.
b) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
No changes are recommended and there are no reports of any breaches.
11) Correspondence – September 2021
1. DALC – Various circulars and information
2. Bretby Hall – request for a larger bin
All Cllrs have been circulated with the information prior to the meeting.
12a) Accounts for Payment
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Aug)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Aug)||£44.39|
|BACS||Staffing – August||£136.20|
|BACS||Staffing – September||£136.20|
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Sept)||£36.40|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Sept)||£44.39|
|PFK Littlejohn||Audit fee 2020/21||£240.00|
|Gross interest (Aug)||£0.03|
|SDDC – Second half of the precept||£1,829.00|
Balance at bank 06.09.21
12b) Requests for funding via S137
No requests for funding have been received.
13) Planning applications
DMPA/2021/1335: The erection of extensions at 27 Bretby Lane, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0QN (27/09/21)
DMPA/2021/1210 – Approval of reserved matters ( appearance , landscaping , layout and scale) pursuant to outline permission ref. DMPA/2020/0313 Shades Farm, Unnamed Road From Geary Lane To Town Farm, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RD (07/09/21)
DMPA/2021/1231- The erection of an agriculturally justified dwelling Hill Farm, Knights Lane, Repton, Derby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RT (24/09/21)
DMPA/2021/1210 – The demolition of existing building and the erection of a replacement dwelling at Shades Farm, Unnamed Road From Geary Lane To Town Farm, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RD (10/09/21)
Make a Ltd – 14 days notice of pre application for the PROPOSED BASE STATION UPGRADE AT CS 112281 / TEF 11948 – Bretby Business Park, Ashby Road East, Bretby, Burton On Trent, Derbyshire, DE15 0YZ
No sessions have been attended.