ORDINARY PARISH MEETING
You are summoned to attend Council Meeting of Bretby Parish Council, which will be held under the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 at 7.30pm on MONDAY 25th JANUARY 2021.
Please contact the Clerk for the meeting invitation.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Variation of Order of Business
3. Declaration of Members Interests.
(a) Members must ensure that they complete the Declarations of Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting in respect of items other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and must indicate the action to be taken (i.e. to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item)
(b) Where a Member indicates that they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representations regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
The Declarations of Interests for matters other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests will be read out from the Declaration Sheet – Members will be asked to confirm that the record is correct.
4. Public Speaking – (15 Minutes)
(a) A period of not more than 15 minutes will be made available for members of the public and Members of the Council to comment on any matter.
(b) If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter.
(c) Members declaring an interest other than a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest who wish to make representations or give evidence under the National Association of Local Councils’ (NALC) Code of Conduct shall do so at this stage.
5. To approve the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 23rd November 2020 (Copy already circulated)
6. To determine which items if any from Part 1 of the Agenda should be taken with the public excluded. If the Council decides to exclude the public it will be necessary to pass a resolution in the following terms: –
“In view of the confidential nature of item …. to consider a resolution to exclude the press and public from the meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1, in order to discuss the item.”
7. Chairman’s Announcements.
8. Report of the Clerk, to include an update on items from the last meeting
a) Risk Register update
b) Update on General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
c) To appoint Mr B Wood as the internal auditor for the years ending 31st March 2021 and 31st March 2022
d) Communication Strategy
10. Drainage and flooding issues
(a) Accounts for Payment
(b) To consider any requests for funds made under S137
(c) To set the precept for the financial year 2021/22
13. To consider Planning Applications
14. To consider any Consultations received
15. Items for information only
(a) To receive reports from Meetings attended
Area Forum – 19th January 2021
(b) Notification of Forthcoming meeting
(c) Training Sessions – See DALC circulars which have been provided to all Cllrs
16. To move the following resolution – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted (in respect of the personal situation of an employee which could result in legal proceedings or commercially sensitive information) it is advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw.”
17. Date of next meeting and items for inclusion –
Suggested date MONDAY 22nd MARCH 2021.
Clerk’s Report – January 2021
8) Clerk’s Report
The Clerk has no matters to report. Relevant matters relating to Covid19 have been circulated to all Cllrs.
9a) Risk Register
The Clerk has no changes to make to the Changes to the Risk Register.
9b) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
No changes are recommended and there are no reports of any breaches.
9c) To appoint Mr B Wood as the internal auditor for the years ending 31st March 2021 and 31st March 2022
Mr B Wood has undertaken the internal audit of the parish council’s accounts for several years and as a former DALC Chief Officer, he understands the parish council sector.
RECOMMENDATION for Mr B Wood to be the internal auditor for the financial years 2020/21 and 2021/22
11) Correspondence – January 2021
- DALC – Various circulars and information about Covid19 and 2021 census
- SDDC – Advice on flooding in communities
- Information on the 2021 census
- SDDC – Information on the personnel changes at Swadlincote police station
- DCC – Briefing from Cllr Chilton about community testing for Covid and new shopappy (email 13.12.20)
- Census – further updates
- DALC – Community Business Guide
- SDDC – Notification of Area Forum meeting via TEAMS on 19th January 2021
- Resident – request for additional bin at Bretby Hall
The Clerk has asked SDDC for costings relating to an additional bin.
All Cllrs have been circulated with the information prior to the meeting.
12a) Accounts for Payment
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Dec)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Dec)||£44.39|
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Jan)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Jan)||£44.39|
|BACS||Staffing – December||£136.00|
|BACS||Staffing – January||£136.00|
|BACS||Mrs J Storer – use of home (Jan – March 21)||£81.00 – defer to next meeting|
|BACS||Mrs J Storer – expenses||£carried forward to next meeting|
Balance at bank 18.01.21
12b) Requests for funding via S137
No requests for funding have been received.
13) Planning applications
DMPN/2020/1270 – Prior notification for the erection of a steel portal frame building for the storage of agricultural machinery, implements and fodder at Brizlincote Lane, Burton on Trent DE15 0PR (22/12/20)
DMPA/2019/1430:Outline application (matters of access to be considered now with matters of layout, scale, appearance and landscaping reserved for later consideration) for six wholly affordable starter homes with access and associated works on Land at Sk2823 3536 (rear of 101-119) Bretby Lane, Bretby, DE15 0QP
Appellant: Mr & Mrs Brian & Jean Mears
Appeal Ref. No: APP/F1040/W/20/3258632
Appeal Starting Date: 25/11/2020
None have been undertaken