ORDINARY PARISH MEETING
You are summoned to attend Council Meeting of Bretby Parish Council, which will be held at St Wystan’s Church, Bretby at 7.30pm on MONDAY 22nd NOVEMBER 2021.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Variation of Order of Business
3. Declaration of Members Interests.
(a) Members must ensure that they complete the Declarations of Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting in respect of items other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and must indicate the action to be taken (i.e. to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item)
(b) Where a Member indicates that they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representations regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
The Declarations of Interests for matters other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests will be read out from the Declaration Sheet – Members will be asked to confirm that the record is correct.
4 Public Speaking – (15 Minutes)
(a) A period of not more than 15 minutes will be made available for members of the public and Members of the Council to comment on any matter.
(b) If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter.
(c) Members declaring an interest other than a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest who wish to make representations or give evidence under the National Association of Local Councils’ (NALC) Code of Conduct shall do so at this stage.
5. To approve the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 14th September 2021 (Copy already circulated)
6. To determine which items if any from Part 1 of the Agenda should be taken with the public excluded. If the Council decides to exclude the public it will be necessary to pass a resolution in the following terms: –
“In view of the confidential nature of item …. to consider a resolution to exclude the press and public from the meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1, in order to discuss the item.”
7. Chairman’s Announcements.
8. Report of the Clerk, to include an update on items from the last meeting
a) Risk Register update
b) Update on General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
c) Communication Strategy
10. Drainage and flooding issues
SDDC Flood Liaison Meeting via TEAMS 2nd November 2021
(a) Accounts for Payment
(b) To consider the draft budget for 2022/23
(c) To consider any requests for funds made under S137
13. To consider Planning Applications
14. To consider any Consultations received
15. Items for information only
(a) To receive reports from Meetings attended
(b) Notification of Forthcoming meeting
Repton Area Forum – online – 30th November 2021 6pm
(c) Training Sessions – See DALC circulars which have been provided to all Cllrs
16. To move the following resolution – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted (in respect of the personal situation of an employee which could result in legal proceedings or commercially sensitive information) it is advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw.”
17. Date of next meeting and items for inclusion –
Suggested date Monday 24th January 2022.
Clerk’s Report – November 2021
8) Clerk’s Report
Actions raised at the last meeting have been attended to.
a) Risk Register
The Clerk has no changes to make to the Risk Register.
b) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
No changes are recommended and there are no reports of any breaches.
11) Correspondence – November 2021
- DALC – Various circulars and information
- SDDC – Notification of Regulation 16 for Melbourne PC
- DALC – Notification of meeting between Councils and the police on 3rd November 2021 (later cancelled)
All Cllrs have been circulated with the information prior to the meeting.
12a) Accounts for Payment
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Oct)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Oct)||£44.39|
|BACS||Staffing – Oct||£136.20|
|BACS||Staffing – November||£136.20|
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Nov)||£36.40|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Nov)||£44.39|
|Mrs J Storer||Clerk use of home Jul – September||£81.00|
|Mrs J Storer||Clerk use of home Oct -December||£81.00|
|Mrs J Storer||Reimburse PO Box renewal||£90.00|
|Mrs J Storer||Expenses (May – Nov’21)||£130.66|
|Gross interest (Sept)||£0.03|
|Gross interest (Oct)||£0.03|
|Gross interest (Nov)||£0.02|
Balance at bank 15.11.21
12b) Requests for funding via S137
No requests for funding have been received.
13) Planning applications
DMPA/2021/1196: The erection of leisure building with associated access, parking and landscaping on Land at Knights Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RT (15/11/21)
DMPA/2021/1209: The variation of condition nos. 2,4,5,6,7,9,11 of permission ref. DMPA/2019/1305 for the erection of 8 holiday cabins on Land at Knights Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RT (22/10/21)
DMOT/2021/1427: The felling of an Ash tree at 1 Home Farm, Geary Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0QE (13/10/21)
DMPA/2021/1209: Retrospective application for the erection of 8 holiday lodge buildings (application DMPA/2019/1305 relates) on Land at Knights Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RT (22/10/21)
DMPA/2021/1530:The erection of a single storey side extension at 61 Ashby Road East, Bretby, Burton On Trent DE15 0PS (01/11/21)
DMPA/2021/1612: The erection of extensions at 17 Bretby Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0QN (19/11/21)
DMOT/2021/1632: The felling of a poplar tree and the felling of a cherry tree covered by South Derbyshire District Council Tree Preservation Order no. 459 at Burton On Trent Golf Club, Ashby Road East, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0PS (19/11/21)
DMPA/2021/1519: Renovation and extension of the existing barn and cottage and conversion to residential accommodation at Brizlincote Hall Farm, Brizlincote Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, , DE15 0PR (03/12/21)
DMPA/2021/1552: Listed Building application for Renovation and extension of the existing barn and cottage and conversion to residential accommodation. Brizlincote Hall Farm, Brizlincote Lane, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0PR (03/12/21)
No sessions have been attended.