ORDINARY PARISH MEETING
You are summoned to attend Council Meeting of Bretby Parish Council, which will be held under the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 at 7.30pm on MONDAY 23rd NOVEMBER 2020.
Please contact the Clerk for the meeting invitation.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Variation of Order of Business
3. Declaration of Members Interests.
(a) Members must ensure that they complete the Declarations of Interest sheet prior to the start of the meeting in respect of items other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and must indicate the action to be taken (i.e. to stay in the meeting, to leave the meeting or to stay in the meeting to make representations and then leave the meeting prior to any consideration or determination of the item)
(b) Where a Member indicates that they have a prejudicial interest, but wish to make representations regarding the item before leaving the meeting, those representations must be made under item (c) of Public Speaking.
The Declarations of Interests for matters other than Disclosable Pecuniary Interests will be read out from the Declaration Sheet – Members will be asked to confirm that the record is correct.
4. Public Speaking – (15 Minutes)
(a) A period of not more than 15 minutes will be made available for members of the public and Members of the Council to comment on any matter.
(b) If the Police Liaison Officer, a County Council or District Council Member is in attendance they will be given the opportunity to raise any relevant matter.
(c) Members declaring an interest other than a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest who wish to make representations or give evidence under the National Association of Local Councils’ (NALC) Code of Conduct shall do so at this stage.
5. To approve the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 14th September 2020 (Copy already circulated)
6. To determine which items if any from Part 1 of the Agenda should be taken with the public excluded. If the Council decides to exclude the public it will be necessary to pass a resolution in the following terms: –
“In view of the confidential nature of item …. to consider a resolution to exclude the press and public from the meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1, in order to discuss the item.”
7. Chairman’s Announcements.
8. Report of the Clerk, to include an update on items from the last meeting
a) Risk Register update
b) Update on General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
c) To consider information about the former Bretby Castle and how to display the information – Min 19/599
d) Communication Strategy
10. Drainage and flooding issues
(a) Accounts for Payment
(b) To consider any requests for funds made under S137
(c) To receive the actual to budget report for the period ending 31st October 2020 and to consider the first draft of the budget for 2021/22
13. To consider Planning Applications
14. To consider any Consultations received
NALC – Changes to Planning and Planning for the Future
NALC – Standards Matter 2: Public Consultation and Public Sector Surveys.
SDDC – Street Trading Policy review (deadline 28th January 2021)
15. Items for information only
(a) To receive reports from Meetings attended
Area Forum – 11th November 2020
(b) Notification of Forthcoming meeting
(c) Training Sessions – See DALC circulars which have been provided to all Cllrs
16. To move the following resolution – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted (in respect of the personal situation of an employee which could result in legal proceedings or commercially sensitive information) it is advisable in the public interest, that the press and public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw.”
17. Date of next meeting and items for inclusion –
Suggested date MONDAY 25th JANUARY 2021.
Clerk’s Report – November 2020
8) Clerk’s Report
The Clerk has no matters to report.
9a) Risk Register
The Clerk has no changes to make to the Changes to the Risk Register.
9b) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
No changes are recommended and there are no reports of any breaches.
9c) To consider information about the former Bretby Castle and how to display the information – Min 19/599
At the previous meeting it was noted that occasional visitors to the site of the former Bretby Castle as it is identified on the OS maps. The site of the former castle lies on private land and consideration is to be given to means of providing information to prevent visitors discretionary experiencing disappointment when it is discovered that the site is privately owned and access is not permitted.
9d) Communication Strategy
The Clerk circulated an email on 5/10/20 about communication by the Council to its stakeholders, the recommendation being for a communications strategy to be drafted and as per Cllr Kemp’s earlier suggestion.
11) Correspondence – November 2020
- DALC – Various circulars and information about Covid19
- DALC – advice in relation to covid related HR
- ONS – Notification and handbook for the 2021 consensus (this will be on 21st March 2021)
- DCC Director of Public Health – urging compliance with Covid Regulations
- Clerks & Councils Direct – November 2020 edition
All Cllrs have been circulated with the information prior to the meeting.
12a) Accounts for Payment
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Oct)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Oct)||£44.39|
|BACS||HMRC – Staffing NI & PAYE (Nov)||£36.60|
|BACS||DCC – Pension contribution (Nov)||£44.39|
|BACS||Staffing – November||£136.00|
|BACS||Royal Mail – PO Box Number renewal||£88.13|
|BACS||Mrs J Storer – use of home (Oct – Dec 20)||£81.00|
|BACS||Mrs J Storer – expenses||£carried forward to next meeting|
|BACS||Donation for Remembrance Wreaths||£TBC|
Balance at bank 16.10.20
12b) Requests for funding via S137
No requests for funding have been received.
13) Planning applications
DMPA/2020/0933: Retention of a plant room on Land at SK2923 5475 (Knights Lodges), Knights Lane, Bretby, Derbyshire, DE15 0RT (23/10/20)
DMOT/2020/1047: The removal of deadwood and reducing rear scaffold limb of horse chestnut at The Stables, 1 Bretby Mews, Unnamed Road through Bretby Park, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RB (11/11/20)
DMOT/2020/1047: The removal of deadwood and reducing rear scaffold limb of horse chestnut at The Stables, 1 Bretby Mews, Unnamed Road through Bretby Park, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0RB
DMPN/2020/1038: Prior Notification for construction of a machinery store at Shades Farm, Unnamed Road From Geary Lane To Town Farm, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RD
DMPN/2020/1036: Prior Notification for the erection of a straw barn at Shades Farm, Unnamed Road From Geary Lane To Town Farm, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0RD
DMPA/2020/1080: The erection of a two storey circulation/service block extension (revised scheme to that approved under 9/2017/0957 and 9/2018/0730) at Burton On Trent Golf Club, Ashby Road East, Bretby, Burton On Trent, DE15 0PS
|30th September 2020||Managing Staff Appraisals||Clerk|
|1st October 2020||Effective communication and Engagement for Town and Parish Councils in Post Covid 19 era||Clerk|
|1st October 2020||Tutorial on HTML for website accessibility||Clerk|
|2nd November 2020||Planning – DALC||Clerk|